Welcome to the Maranatha Evangelistic Ministries VBS 2020 – “20:20 Vision”
Date and Time: August 10 to 13 (Mon – Thur) from 7PM to 8:30PM EST.
(Please note the time is in Eastern Standard Time/ Michigan time)
Thank you for signing up for MEM VBS 2020! We are so excited to have you join us for these sessions.The zoom meeting link will be sent to your email the day of the VBS.
Please read and prepare as per the instructions below:
Zoom Meeting Instructions:
- Please find a quiet area where background noise is minimal.
- Each student in a family, if they belong to different age groups, should have their own computer/ tablet for the VBS and should be in separate rooms with headphones to avoid sound feedback and distractions.
- Please have the child’s Registered “First and Last name” on the zoom screen for attendance and so the host can assign them the correct classroom. How to Change Your Name in a Zoom Meeting.
- We will be taking electronic attendance each day.
- We advise all the kids to keep their lines muted and unmute their lines only to provide answers. How to mute and unmute in a meeting
- For kids in the Beginners (age 3-5) class please have a parent with them to assist and control them.
- If the network connection is lost at any time, please rejoin and notify the host so that the student can be rejoined to the designated class or session.
- Video is preferred to be ON, to actively engage with the teacher.
- It is best if the view mode is on “Speaker View”. How to switch to Speaker View.
- The program will be conducted over Zoom, utilizing the Breakout room feature for the classroom sessions.
- For the classroom session, kids will be moved to the Breakout classrooms for the Beginner, Primary, Junior, and Intermediate classrooms.
- Once classrooms are assigned by the host, the option to join the assigned classroom will pop up on the screen. Please click on the ‘Join’ option as shown below.
- This will join you to the assigned breakout classroom. Here, the designated teacher and students in that class will have a 30-minute classroom lesson and activity.
- Once the breakout class is complete, the host will give an instructional message and bring the students back to the Main Session. There is no need to logout from the entire Zoom meeting during a breakout/ classroom session.
- The craft can be done along with the instructor during VBS or later when the video link is shared after the VBS.
- Please purchase/collect and be ready with the materials needed for crafts and activities before the VBS starts.
- Each student in a family should have their own craft materials, colors, and tools for the VBS if they are doing the craft with the instructor during VBS.
- Please have the following items arranged for a craft activity for each student in the Family:
- A4 Paper
- Sketch pens
- Color paper
- Note pad
- Please send a picture of your child’s craft work along with the full name of the child to email@example.com
- Links to Story of the day:
- Links to Craft session for each day:
- Link to song of the day:
- Please print out the workbooks ahead of time and workbook activity for the day should be done as per the teacher’s instructions.
- A picture of the completed workbook page for the day, as instructed by the teacher, can be emailed to the teacher at:
- Beginners (Age 3-5) -Priyanka’s Class – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Primary (Age 6-8) -Renju’s Class – email@example.com
- Junior (Age 9-11) -Sheela’s Class – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Intermediate (Age 12-14) Monica’s Class – email@example.com
Joining Zoom meeting:
- Date and Time: August 10 to 13 (Mon – Thur) from 7PM to 8:30PM EST.
- Please join 5 minutes before 7PM EST so that we can start on time.
- The zoom link for the MEM VBS will be sent to your email the day of the VBS.
For any issues or question please contact:
- Zoom issues call/text: Deepu Korah 248-266-9077
- Zoom issues / VBS questions call/text: Jojy Kuriakose 248-595-9185
- Pr. Finney Abraham 248-462-9537
- For any workbook related question you can email the respective teachers (see “Workbook Instructions” section)